5 Minute White Sauce with Soy Milk.
You can have 5 Minute White Sauce with Soy Milk using 16 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of 5 Minute White Sauce with Soy Milk
- You need of Basic white sauce.
- It’s 2 tbsp of Olive oil.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Flour.
- Prepare 200 ml of Soy milk.
- Prepare 1/4 of Onion (finely chopped).
- It’s 2 pinch of ~ (as needed) Salt (or consomme soup stock).
- Prepare of Gratin ingredients.
- Prepare 1/2 clove of Garlic.
- It’s 1 slice of Chicken (substitute with shrimp or tuna).
- It’s 1 of Broccoli, asparagus (whatever veggies you like).
- Prepare 1 large of Potato.
- Prepare 1/2 of Onion.
- It’s 1/2 clove of Garlic.
- You need 1/2 of cube Consomme soup stock.
- It’s 100 grams of total Gouda, Gruyere cheese (or sliced cheese).
- It’s 1 of lots Grated cheese.
5 Minute White Sauce with Soy Milk step by step
- Halve the garlic, and smear the gratin dish with the cut side of garlic to help season the gratin..
- [Make the white sauce] Heat olive oil in a pot, and saute the chopped onions over low heat. Once wilted, sprinkle in the flour..
- Saute over low heat while combining the onions and flour. Once the flour is incorporated and starts to brown lightly, turn off heat and pour in the cold soy milk all at once..
- Stir well and once the lumps are gone, turn on heat to low~medium, add in consomme and continue stirring. The sauce is done once it becomes creamy..
- [How to make the white sauce in a microwave] In a large heatproof bowl, add in the white sauce ingredients and whisk well. Mix in the sautéed onions,.
- Microwave for 1.5 to 2 minutes without covering. Once the edges start bubbling, take it out and beat swiftly with a whisk..
- Put it back in the microwave and heat for 1 minute. Take it out and mix well. Repeat this process for 1 to 2 more times and once it's thick enough for you, it's done!.
- Cut the potato into slices, soak in water, and boil in salt water (or microwaving is fine too!) With the leftover boiling water, parboil the other veggies..
- Season the chicken or shrimp with salt and pepper. Quickly saute with onions in a heated frying pan with oil. Don't overcook since they will be cooked later in the oven..
- Spread out the sliced potatoes, crushed consomme, half of the white sauce, chicken, veggies, the other half of the white sauce on a gratin dish in that order..
- Top with plenty of cheese of your choice (to about the point where the other ingredients can't be seen), and it's done after baking in a preheated 200℃ until browned..
- I made this into a chicken pot pie by placing a pie crust on top.. https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/156206-easy-juicy-pineapple-pie.