Pineapple-Mango Mexican Slaw. So I'm about to start my taco food truck biz and needed a nice light but savory slaw for my fish taco. This will be on the grilled fish taco along with cotija cheese. 🌮. Warm-weather fruits like mango and pineapple add a tropical flavor to a simple slaw that tops this baked cod taco.
How to Make Pineapple Mango Slaw. This sweet & savory taco slaw is delicious and goes so well with the traditional flavors in the Mild Mexican Style al fresco Chicken Sausage. This mango slaw is the perfect slaw for fish tacos, but you'll find yourself eating it all by itself too, because it is that good! You can have Pineapple-Mango Mexican Slaw using 18 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Pineapple-Mango Mexican Slaw
- Prepare of Slaw:.
- It’s of Green cabbage.
- It’s of Purple cabbage.
- It’s of Red onion.
- You need of Carrot.
- Prepare of Cilantro.
- You need of Pineapple.
- Prepare of Mango.
- You need of Poblano.
- It’s of (Use whatever measurements and cuts you enjoy in your slaw).
- You need of Dressing:.
- It’s 1/2 cup of red wine vinegar.
- You need 1/4 cup of mayo.
- It’s 1/4 cup of mango nectar.
- You need 1 tbs of sugar.
- You need 1 tbs of salt.
- You need 1/2 tbs of black pepper.
- It’s 1 tsp of garlic powder.
If you add avocado, I recommend adding it immediately prior to serving to prevent any browning. You could also add in some fresh pineapple like in this pineapple salsa. The mango isn't quite sweet yet and the texture is firm which is perfect for cutting the mango into strips for this Doing a party this weekend with mexican food and thought a mango slaw would be great with it! Looks good, but my daughter is allergic to mangoes.
Pineapple-Mango Mexican Slaw instructions
- Cut/Chop your slaw ingredients and place in container to refrigerate..
- Whisk together all dressing ingredients and place in airtight container and refrigerate for at least an hour if not two so that all of the ingredients meld together and the sugar and salt dissolve in the mixture..
- When ready, combine the slaw and the dressing and replace in the fridge for another hour to let the dressing absorb into the slaw mix. Enjoy!!.
Do you think I could sub in pineapple? Easy mango pineapple slaw starring red cabbage #healthyeating. Since most Trinidadian or Caribbean coleslaw calls for pineapple and/or mango, I decided on mango pineapple coleslaw. But that's where the similarities with classic Trini slaw end. I finally got around to make a salmon burger recipe which I topped with this mango slaw.