Pistachio Cherry Ice Cream. Pistachio ice cream or pistachio nut ice cream is an ice cream flavour made with pistachio nuts or flavouring. It is often distinctively green in color. Pistachio is also a flavor of sorbet and gelato.
Place freezer bowl of ice cream maker into the freezer. In a medium bowl, whisk the milk and granulated sugar until the sugar is dissolved. Matt tries Swoon's Cherry Pistachio ice cream from HEB. You can cook Pistachio Cherry Ice Cream using 7 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Pistachio Cherry Ice Cream
- It’s 1 cup of shelled pistachio.
- It’s 1 cup of milk*.
- You need 3/4 cup of cane sugar*.
- Prepare 2 of eggs**.
- It’s 2 cup of heavy cream*.
- You need 1 tsp of Pure almond extract.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of fresh cherries*, chopped.
Sweet and salty, pistachio ice cream is just one of those desserts that keep us coming back for more. And with this nutty blend of black tea and crunchy pistachios, you'll definitely want two scoops. If you liked Pistachio Ice Cream, you'll love Vanilla Bean Black and Forever Nuts. I decided to make Pistachio Cherry Ice Cream because for some odd reason, pistachio ice cream is hard to find in these parts of California and it's my Husband favorite flavor.
Pistachio Cherry Ice Cream step by step
- Finely grind the pistachios and 1/4 cup of sugar into a fine powder using a food processor..
- Transfer the ground pistachios to a medium sauce pan. Mix in 1/2 cup of sugar, milk, and eggs. Cook over low heat stirring constantly until mixtuer coats the back of a metal spoon, about 10-20 min, do not let it boil..
- Strain custard into a medium sized bowl. Add cream and almond extract. Refrigerate 8 hours or overnight..
- Stir chilled mixture and freeze in ice cream maker according to manufacturers instructions. Add cherries when the mixture has started to freeze or according to your makers instructions..
- Pour ice cream into a freezer proof container, place a piece of wax paper over the top. Should be consmed within a week..
- *Preferably organic.
- **Preferably cage free, vegetarian fed.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. SO, truth be told, I've never had pistachio ice cream until I made this homemade version. Chocolate curls or additional amaretti cookies. Mix chocolate ice cream, chopped chocolate, and cherry mixture in medium bowl. Not only do you start with a delicious, creamy vanilla, almond-base, you also end up with a crunchy surprise in the form of slightly salty pistachios with tangy fresh cherries.