Quick Beef Shepherd Pie. Shepherd's Pie comes to us from England, and is traditionally made with lamb or mutton. Here in the states we are more of a beef eating culture than a What follows is a simple recipe for a ground beef version of Shepherd's Pie. The original recipe comes from my friend Frances Hochschild, and her.
Great recipe for Quick Beef Shepherd Pie. Put into bottom of the Pyrex and in the same pan start your beef,cook til just done don't over cook. You're watching: Ground Beef Shepherd's Pie. You can have Quick Beef Shepherd Pie using 11 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Quick Beef Shepherd Pie
- It’s 1 lb of 80/20 or higher Ground Beef.
- It’s 1/2 of large Zucchini.
- You need 1/4 of medium onion, chopped.
- It’s 1 of what ever other veggies you have.
- Prepare 1 of I used fresh corn.
- You need 1 stalk of celery.
- It’s 1 tbsp of minced garlic.
- It’s 1 packages of instant potatoes /make your own.
- You need of salt n pepper.
- You need pinch of ground cumin & coriander.
- Prepare 1 tsp of chili flakes.
In this video, you'll see how to make a super simple shepherd's pie. This hearty casserole has it all! Lean ground beef is sautéed with chopped onions, green beans, onions and seasonings, then topped with mashed potatoes and, if you like, Cheddar. Rich and flavorful beef shepherd's pie recipe, made easy in one skillet!
Quick Beef Shepherd Pie instructions
- Chop all veggies to a small dice even in size then in a sauté pan with a Lil oil sear them til tender not fone all the way.I used brown butter with sage!.
- Put into bottom of the Pyrex and in the same pan start your beef,cook til just done don't over cook.
- While that's cooking get your water on for potatoes, when done set aside. Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Layer your beef on top of the veggies then your potatoes on top of that.
- Bake for 20 min or till it begins to bubble..let sit for a few minutes.
Ground beef, tender vegetables, and fluffy mashed potatoes. what could be better! I almost named it Cottage Pie, which is what a Shepherd's Pie made with beef is usually called… but here's why I didn't. Recipe courtesy of Food Network Kitchen. Cottage Pie uses ground beef, while Shepherd's Pie uses ground lamb. I called this recipe Shepherd's Pie.