Quick and Easy Potato Gratin.
You can cook Quick and Easy Potato Gratin using 8 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Quick and Easy Potato Gratin
- You need 2 of large-sized Potatoes.
- Prepare 300 ml of Milk (or soy milk).
- Prepare 1 of Soup stock cube.
- It’s 1 pinch of Salt.
- You need 1 dash of Pepper.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Butter (or margarine).
- You need 1 tbsp of White flour.
- It’s 1 of Grated cheese (melting type).
Quick and Easy Potato Gratin step by step
- Peel the potatoes and slice them into 2 mm thick slices (you can slice the potatoes with the peeler too). Preheat the oven (a toaster oven is OK too)..
- Add the potatoes to a microwaveable dish and cover them with water. Wrap the dish with plastic wrap and microwave it for about 5 minutes..
- Open the plastic wrap a little and drain the water. (The dish is very hot. Use oven mitts or a towel to handle it.).
- While the potato is in the microwave, melt the butter (or margarine) in a skillet over low heat. Add the flour and sauté it..
- Pour in the milk (or soy milk) and soup stock cube. Dissolve the soup stock and season the mixture with salt and pepper..
- Once the sauce is well mixed, check the taste and adjust it with salt. If you're satisfied with the taste of the white sauce, add the potatoes and coat them with the sauce..
- Mix them in evenly and turn off the heat..
- Transfer the ingredients into a gratin (casserole) dish and top it with the grated cheese. Bake the gratin in a 200℃ oven for about 10 minutes. If you're using a toaster oven, bake until golden brown..
- Garnish it with some parsley if you like and enjoy..