You can cook Quick Carbonara using 4 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Quick Carbonara
- Prepare 250 grams of Spaghetti.
- Prepare 3 of large eggs.
- Prepare 6 slices of bacon.
- Prepare Handful of Parmesan cheese grated.
Quick Carbonara instructions
- Add some oil to a large frying pan (big enough to mix the spaghetti in later) and start to cook the bacon.
- At the same time cook the spaghetti as per the instructions. I used dried spaghetti so added to a pan of boiling water and cooked for 10/12 minutes.
- Beat the eggs in a bowl, season with salt and pepper and add half the grated parmesan.
- Once the bacon is cooked, put to one side off the heat. This is important as the cooling pan helps stop the eggs scrambling later..
- Once the spaghetti is ready, drain BUT keep a couple of tablespoons of the water..
- Put the spaghetti into the pan with the bacon..
- Stir the spared pasta water with the egg mixture. This warms the eggs which helps prevent scrambling..
- Pour the egg mixture over the pasta and stir..
- Serve immediately, season and add remainder of Parmesan as you wish..
- An Italian friend recommends grating nutmeg over the top..
- Enjoy !!.