Espinacas con Garbanzos (chickpeas and spinach tapas) 🌱. Try our Spanish style espinacas con garbanzos recipe (spinach and chickpea stew) for cheap and easy Spanish tapas recipe that's vegetarian/vegan friendly! An unlikely combination that took a trip to Seville to discover- Spanish spinach and chickpeas (espinacas con garbanzos) is a must-try. In Seville, Espinacas con Garbanzos, which literally means chickpeas and spinach, is a popular dish served both at fine restaurants and tapas joints.
How to make Spanish Spinach and Chickpeas – Espinacas con Garbanzos. You can serve this Spanish Spinach and Chickpeas dish as a tapas appetizer or as a side dish next to some grilled fish. Spinach, garbanzo beans, garlic, olive oil – all flavors I grew up up with and love. You can cook Espinacas con Garbanzos (chickpeas and spinach tapas) 🌱 using 13 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Espinacas con Garbanzos (chickpeas and spinach tapas) 🌱
- It’s 3 handfuls of spinach (roughly chopped).
- Prepare 1 cup of chickpeas (cooked or from a jar or tin).
- It’s 2 of large tomatoes (grated).
- Prepare 3 cloves of garlic (sliced).
- Prepare 1 of small onion.
- You need 1/4 teaspoon of smoked paprika.
- You need 1/4 teaspoon of sweet paprica.
- It’s Pinch of seasalt.
- Prepare Pinch of white pepper.
- It’s Pinch of cumin.
- It’s 1 of bay leaf.
- You need of Swig of olive oil.
- Prepare of Wedge of lemon.
Cumin is relatively new to me, but I love it too. I thought I'd have a I used a bag of fresh spinach and cooked the onion and garlic first, then added the garbanzo beans and cooked them with, mashing them a bit, then. This recipe can be eaten as a side dish or as a light meal. It's great with a pork chop and some crusty bread.
Espinacas con Garbanzos (chickpeas and spinach tapas) 🌱 step by step
- Heat a splash of oil in a pan to a medium heat. Gently cook the onion starting to brown. Add the garlic and cook until translucent. I prefer not to get to much colour on the onion and garlic for this dish. Add the cumin seeds..
- Add the grated tomatoes and the paprika. Add the chickpeas until piping hot..
- Add your washed spinach to the pan and cook until wilted. Cook to your preference but I prefer not to overcook. Remove from heat, drizzle with a touch of olive oil, season with salt, white pepper and a squeeze of lemon..
Its origins date back to North Africa and is one of the very popular choices of tapas in Seville's bars. "Spinach and chickpeas" is something you eat because you should — it is healthy and you aspire to be. Espinacas con garbanzos is something you eat because it sounds sexy, and doesn't taste half bad either. It's hearty and smoky with a little kick, you eat it on little fried bread toasts at a tapas bar in. Espinacas con Garbanzos is a type of tapa from the Andalusian region which is prepared with spinach (espinacas) and chickpeas (garbanzos), it Stir gently and make sure the chickpeas are coated with the sauce. Add the spinach and paprika then cook to wilt.