Tapas Patatas Bravas with Spicy Tomato Sauce. Called papas bravas or patatas bravas in Spain, this dish is essentially potatoes cooked in a spicy sauce and served as an appetizer, or tapas. Variations abound in both the cooking method—the potatoes are fried, boiled or roasted—and the sauce, which usually has hot chiles, tomato and vinegar. Patatas bravas are one of the simplest and most popular Spanish tapas.
Bravas sauce is bright red and slightly spicy, which explains its name. Learn how to make this easy potato appetizer called "Patatas Bravas", a classic Spanish dish of fried potato cubes served with a spicy tomato sauce. This "tangy tomato sauce" is really an all-purpose Spanish Mojo that compliments many The sauce is good but because we love roasted potatoes as such we weren't too crazy about this combination. You can have Tapas Patatas Bravas with Spicy Tomato Sauce using 12 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Tapas Patatas Bravas with Spicy Tomato Sauce
- You need 4 medium of Potatoes (a firm variety; I use new potatoes).
- Prepare 1 small of Onion (chopped).
- You need 1 of Canned tomatoes (discard the liquid).
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Tomato purée.
- Prepare 2 tsp of Cumin powder.
- You need 1 tsp of Paprika powder.
- You need 1 of Red chili pepper (chopped).
- You need 1 clove of Minced garlic.
- Prepare 1 pinch of Sugar (If the canned tomatoes are tart).
- Prepare 3 tbsp of + 1 tablespoon Olive oil.
- You need 1 dash of Salt, black pepper.
- You need 1 dash of Finely chopped parsley.
This low-fat, vegan recipe for Crispy Spanish Potatoes with Spicy Tomato Sauce is as delicious as it is healthy. All I had to do was swap the fried potatoes with baked ones-eliminating a lot of olive oil and fat grams-and tweak the sauce a little, and I had a delicious but healthy tapas or side dish. This recipe for fried potatoes in a spicy tomato sauce is a big favourite in the tapas bars of Madrid. There are bars in Madrid that specialize in Bravas sauce be it on potatoes, Spanish omelette or even on calamares!
Tapas Patatas Bravas with Spicy Tomato Sauce instructions
- Add 1 tablespoon of olive oil to a pan. Add the garlic and chili pepper and stir-fry until fragrant. Add the onion and stir-fry until translucent..
- Add the tomato puree to the pan from Step 1 and stir-fry for about 1 minute. Add the canned tomatoes and cook uncovered over medium heat until the liquid is almost gone. Add the spices and then sugar, salt, and black pepper..
- Peel the potatoes and cut into bite-size pieces. Boil just until the potatoes soften (you could also microwave). Drain well in a strainer..
- Heat 3 tablespoons of olive oil in a frying pan and add the potatoes. Cook over high heat, flipping often until crispy (it won't take long). Lightly season with salt and black pepper..
- Arrange the potatoes on a plate and pour the sauce over. Sprinkle with parsley and enjoy. Use a toothpick to pick up the potatoes and gobble them up..
- If you aren't worried about calories, you could pick the potatoes with a toothpick → dip in the tomato sauce → dip in garlic mayonnaise. They're delicious like this too..
There are many different recipes for Patatas Bravas but I like to make them in a. Patatas bravas, spanish tapas – download this royalty free Stock Photo in seconds. Tapas of chipped potatoes with a spicy tomato sauce (Patatas Bravas), Costa del Sol, Malaga Province, Andalucia, Spain, Western Europe. Try Simon Rimmer's patatas bravas recipe for golden cubes of potato in a spicy tomato sauce. Add the tomatoes, chilli and garlic and stir well.