Beef tapa. Beef Tapa is dried cured beef similar to "Beef Jerky". This is traditionally prepared by curing the meat with sea salt and letting it dry directly under the sun for the purpose of preserving the meat. Filipino Beef Tapa is easy to make and tastes so much better than store-bought.
A popular breakfast that is usually served The tender cut of beef, like sirloin, is usually used to make Beef Tapa as it involved frying. Beef Tapa is dried or cured beef although other meat or even fish may be used with this recipe. Filipinos prepare thin slices of meat and cure it with salt and spices as a method of preserving it. You can have Beef tapa using 7 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Beef tapa
- It’s 1 1/2 lb of Beef sirloin thinly slice.
- You need 5 tbsp of soy sauce.
- You need 4 tbsp of oyster sauce.
- Prepare of salt.
- It’s of pepper.
- Prepare 2 tsp. of brown sugar.
- You need 5 cloves of minced garlic.
How to cook Filipino beef tapa. Traditionally, tapa was a means to extend the shelf life of meats (and other proteins like chicken and fish). The meat was cured or dried with salt and various spices similar. Beef tapa is easy to make: it's a cinch to make and will satisfy the biggest of appetites.
Beef tapa step by step
- Mix all the ingredients and marinade the beef for 10hrs to 15hrs then place on the refrigerator..
- In a frying pan place the beef and cover it with lid to simmer. This will help the beef to be tender. Slowly add the remaining marinade sauce until it evaporates. Then add a little bit of oil to fry..
- Serve the beef with brown rice and egg..
Tapa is dried or cured beef, mutton, venison or horse meat, although other meat or even fish may be used. Filipinos prepare tapa by using thin slices of meat and curing these with salt and spices as. Beef tapa is a popular Filipino breakfast dish. Some recipes add a twist to this dish, like chili oil, fried garlic, etc. Learn how to make my version of homemade beef tapa, a Filipino-inspired dish.