Chicken kathi roll. About Chicken Kathi Roll Recipe: Kathi rolls have fast become the regular street food around the country, with a host of eateries and stalls selling a variety of this delicious, filling rolls. Chicken Kathi Roll Recipe is a lip smacking roll of a flaky tawa paratha stuffed with a flavourful chicken filling. Once your parathas are ready this dish can be put together real quick.
A kati roll (sometimes spelt kathi roll; Bengali: কাঠি রোল) is a street-food dish originating from Kolkata, West Bengal. In its original form, it is a skewer-roasted kebab wrapped in a paratha bread. Kathi Kebabs or Kathi rolls is another Street Food item from India that is just loved by one and all. You can cook Chicken kathi roll using 25 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Chicken kathi roll
- It’s of For paratha.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of all purpose flour or maida.
- Prepare 2 tsp of oil.
- Prepare To taste of salt.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of sugar.
- Prepare As needed of water.
- Prepare of For filling.
- You need 500 gm of Chicken (boneless thigh cut into small pieces).
- You need 1 cup of hung yogurt.
- It’s 1 tsp of tandoori chicken masala.
- Prepare 2 tsp of ginger garlic paste.
- You need 2 tsp of red chilli powder.
- You need 1/4 tsp of turmeric powder.
- It’s 2 tsp of mustard oil.
- You need 1 tsp of chopped coriander leaves.
- You need to taste of salt.
- You need of For assembling.
- Prepare 1 of large onion finely sliced.
- You need 2 of green chilies finely chopped.
- You need 1 of bell pepper finely chopped lengthwise.
- It’s 2 tbsp of tomato sauce.
- You need 2 tbsp of chilli sauce.
- Prepare 1 tsp of chat masala.
- Prepare 1 tsp of lemon juice.
- Prepare 1 of charcoal.
Heat the Chicken if it has cooled down and take off the pan off the heat. I usually serve these kathi rolls with my crack sauce but this time I decided to whip up a zesty In my opinion the paratha holds up a lot better and sturdier to the sauciness of the chicken and chutney. These Chicken Kathi Rolls were truly a culinary adventure for me. Although I love dining on Indian food, I'm not well-versed in cooking from South Asia, also known as the Indian subcontinent.
Chicken kathi roll step by step
- First make a dough for paratha. For this in a large bowl put flour,salt,sugar,oil mix it well then slowly add water & knead a very soft dough set it for 20 minutes. Cover that bowl with a lid after few minutes open the lid and put the chicken pieces in a greased baking tray..
- In a meanwhile marinate the chicken with yogurt,ginger garlic paste and other spices that mentioned above. Now make a whole at the center of the bowl put hot charcoal at the center then pour some oil over it then immediately..
- Cover that bowl with a lid after few minutes open the lid and put the chicken pieces in a greased baking and put it in the preheated oven for about 15 to 20 minutes at highest temperature or you can simply roast it on the gas stove..
- Now from the dough take a small portion of the dough then make a laccha paratha out of this(i.e firstmake a plain paratha then sprinkle with some oil and flour over it then with a knife cut at one side then starts folding then it becomes a cone then press it with hand).
- Now assemble everything,first take a paratha put few chicken pieces followed by some onions, green chilies and other sauces chaat masala,lemon juice that mentioned above then roll it and cover half of the roll with butter paper & it’s done.. enjoy😊.
A Chicken Kathi Roll is the most renowned street food available in the street side stalls in Kolkata. A brilliant street side snack to grab in a hurry. It's marinated & sauteed boneless chicken stuffed inside. A kathi roll is one of the most popular things to eat on the streets of Kolkata. Boneless chicken pieces sautéed with ginger garlic, cumin, onion and chillies – stuffed into a refined flour roti slathered with.