Cajun Macaroni Salad. This is our family's favorite ever. It started originally with a Justin Wilson recipe that we've modified over the years. It has just the right amount of zing – not your mama's macaroni salad!
Macaroni salad is a type of pasta salad, served cold made with cooked elbow macaroni and usually prepared with mayonnaise. Much like potato salad or coleslaw in its use, it is often served as a side dish to barbecue, fried chicken, or other picnic style dishes. This is a classic, tasty, easy macaroni salad recipe! You can cook Cajun Macaroni Salad using 17 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Cajun Macaroni Salad
- It’s 1 lb. of Elbow Macaroni, cooked.
- Prepare 4-5 of Hard-boiled Eggs, diced.
- It’s 2 of -cans White Tuna,.
- You need 3 of -slices Bacon, crumbled.
- Prepare 1-2 of Tomatoes, cut into wedges.
- You need 1 of -can (28 oz) Sliced Peaches, drained.
- Prepare 1/2-1 cup of Green Onions, diced.
- You need 1/2-1 cup of Celery, diced.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Hellmann's Mayonnaise.
- It’s 1 Tbsp. of Frenches Yellow Mustard.
- You need 1 Tsp. of Hot Sauce, (opt.).
- It’s 1/2 Tsp. of Lemon or Lime juice.
- You need 1 Tsp. of Cajun Seasoning, (I use slap-ya-mama).
- It’s 1/2 Tsp. of Sweet Paprika, (Hungarian).
- It’s 1/4 Tsp. of McCormick Smokehouse Black Pepper.
- It’s Pinch of salt to taste.
- Prepare Leaves of Lettuce.
Made with classic ingredient staples including celery, red pepper, and onion and coated in a simple creamy mayo-based dressing. Tuna macaroni salad holds a special place in my heart. It reminds me of big summertime cookouts and family reunions in Elberton. Tuna macaroni salad is pretty doggone addictive as well.
Cajun Macaroni Salad step by step
- Prepare Macaroni according to Package directions. Drain, and cool..
- Boil Eggs, about 14 minutes no more, Let cool in cold water for about 3 minutes; then crack and peel eggs; dice up in a small bowl and let cool completely..
- Fry up bacon strips, set on paper towel for 2 minutes then crumble them up into a small bowl; set aside..
- Cut and dice up Onions and Celery into a bowl; set aside..
- In a medium bowl, mix together mayonnaise, mustard, Lemon or Lime juice, and if you want! the hot sauce, cajun seasoning, Black pepper, paparika, and a pinch of salt. Mix well, set aside..
- Mix Everything together; accept tomatoes, peaches, and crumbled bacon..
- Building the salad: First, lay lettuce leaf or leaves if you want more on a plate or soup bowl. Secondly, put 1 to 11/2 cup of the cajun macaroni salad on top of the lettuce leaf. Thirdly, slide both tomatoe wedges and peach wedges slightly under the macaroni salad. Lastly, garnish with crumbled bacon and a mint leaf. Serve and Enjoy!.
This quick and easy macaroni salad with hard boiled egg, roasted red bell pepper, onion My mother makes this macaroni salad all summer long. She whipped up a batch earlier this week and I think I. This Hawaiian Macaroni Salad is the real deal. A no-frills, creamy mac salad that is the perfect side Hawaiian Macaroni Salad is one of my biggest guilty pleasures. Nothing spells summer much more than a good..