Southern pan-fried chicken sandwich. .sweet, buttery, and crisp fried chicken, southern fast food favorite flavor, then you have to try this southern style buttermilk fried chicken sandwich. And if you don't have a deep fryer, don't worry! You can use any heavy-duty pan (like cast iron) as long as you flip it so that both sides have enough.
Southern Pan Fried Chicken Sandwich – Special Lunch Menu Ideas "fried chicken sandwich With of recipes for lunches and light meals, there's no reason to be. The mouth-watering taste of Southern Fried Chicken is also available in the sandwich and wrap range, a great option for people who are on the move. This Southern Fried Chicken Sandwich is a play on an unforgettable sandwich I had years ago. You can cook Southern pan-fried chicken sandwich using 20 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Southern pan-fried chicken sandwich
- It’s 1/2 of chicken breast, pound out evenly.
- Prepare 2 cups of buttermilk, marinating.
- You need 2 of beaten eggs & 1/4 cup buttermilk; whisk together.
- Prepare 1 cup of all-purpose flour.
- You need 2 tsp. of white pepper.
- You need 1 tsp. of thyme.
- You need 1 tsp. of oregano.
- Prepare 1 tsp. of sweet paperika.
- It’s 11/2 tsp. of garlic salt.
- Prepare 1 tsp. of celery salt.
- You need 1 tsp. of black pepper.
- It’s 1 tsp. of basil.
- It’s 1 tsp. of dried mustard.
- You need 11/2 tsp. of ginger.
- It’s of sprinkle w/ accent or cajun seasoning.
- You need 1 of lettuce leaf.
- You need 1 slice of tomato.
- You need 1 Tbsp. of Hellmanns real mayonnaise.
- Prepare 1 of english muffin or bun of choice.
- You need 2 cups of peanut oil or vegetable oil.
My sister took me to restaurant in Boise called "Donnie I ordered this chicken sandwich and I LOVED it. I told myself I would have to go home and duplicate it (which was easy, because they basically tell you. That's a lot of unattended prep time before you get around to frying them in a slurry of lard and butter flavored with country ham. However, this menu item from Centra puts a gourmet spin on the southern classic.
Southern pan-fried chicken sandwich step by step
- Pound out chicken evenly; about a 1/4 inch thickness..
- Marinate chicken in buttermilk for 2 to 4 hrs. Discard leftover marinate..
- Beat together eggs and 1/4 cup of buttermilk; set aside..
- Sift together flour and seasonings into a large bowl; set aside..
- Heat oil in 12" skillet over medium-high heat..
- Take chicken dip it into the egg mixture, then coat it in the flour-seasoning mixture. Set aside for about 2 to 3 minutes to allow mixture to adhere to the chicken..
- Carefully lay chicken into the heated oil and fry until golden brown; about 4 minutes per side..
- Remove, set aside on paper towel..
- Toast english muffin or bun of choice..
- Spread both halves with mayonnaise, then layer chicken on bottom half first, then top with lettuce leaf and tomato; secure the top half of muffin or bun. Enjoy! Ya'll….
Their Southern Fried Chicken Ciabatta is just one of their gourmet sandwiches. Southern Fried Chicken, is a British-based fast food outlet headquartered in Reading, England. It operates a franchise network in the United Kingdom and worldwide. If a fried chicken sandwich tastes great, as the recent Popeye's/Chick-fil-A wars played up, and if a donut tastes great, then why not combine them into This, from the same fast food chain that recently tested plant-based chicken—Beyond Fried Chicken—in a single market in Georgia to cater to the. Fried chicken sandwiches are a hot (sometimes literally) item these days.