Vegetarian_pumpkin_kebbeh. Add the pumpkin chunks into a large pot and cover with lightly salted water, bring to a boil for a few minutes until the pumpkin in. Chances are, you're not all too familiar with Syrian cuisine. We're going vegetarian in this class!. . . #marounchedidcookingacademy #marounchedidcookingacademy.
From the crunchy shell to the spiced stuffing, this vegetarian version of kibbeh is one to have in your repertoire. It is preferable to use an average light-colored pumpkin; dark yellow or orange pumpkins are sweeter in taste. Hey Ya All 🙂 This is a recipe thats nutrient rich n loaded with fuel essential for Low Carbers. You can have Vegetarian_pumpkin_kebbeh using 16 ingredients and 16 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Vegetarian_pumpkin_kebbeh
- You need of Part 1- preparing the kibbeh dough.
- You need 1 Kg of whole pumpkin.
- Prepare 150 g of fine bulgur.
- You need 1 tablespoon of flour.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of all spice.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- You need of Part 2 – preparing the kibbeh filling.
- It’s 1 kg. of spinach or swiss-chard – blanched.
- You need 1 cup of watercress leaves.
- You need 2 of onions – diced.
- Prepare 4 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Prepare 2 of onions, cut into small cubes.
- You need 2 cups of chickpeas cooked & peeled.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of sumac.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of lemon juice.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
Cauliflower, pumpkin kebbeh, spinach triangle, served with fattoush, hommous and bread. Pumpkin blended with crushed wheat and onions, stuffed with spinach, onion and sumac. Oh, and another thing about this Pumpkin Kibbeh? It kind of changed my life in ways I never thought possible.
Vegetarian_pumpkin_kebbeh step by step
- Start by peeling and coring the seeds out of the pumpkin then cut into large chunks.
- Add the pumpkin chunks into a large pot and cover with lightly salted water, bring to a boil for a few minutes until the pumpkin in softened and cooked, then strain and set aside to cool down..
- Next wash the bulgur and strain from excess water..
- In a large mixing bowl, add the cooled pumpkin, bulgur, flour, all spice, salt & pepper to taste.
- Mash all ingredients together until a well combined dough consistency is established.
- Cover the dough and set aside to rest while we prepare the filling..
- In a saute pan, add the olive oil and saute the onion until translucent..
- Add the spinach or swiss-chard as desired then add the watercress & chickpeas and stir for a couple of minutes until greens have wilted..
- Add the sumac and salt to taste, then the lemon juice, simmer for 2 minutes then remove from heat and set aside to cool..
- Part 3 – Assembling & Stuffing the Kibbeh Divide the dough into medium-sized balls as desired either using an icecream scoop or a measurement cup or a scale..
- Then start by corring the dough balls using the palm of your hand and your finger, rolling around until a cavity is created for the stuffing.
- Using a spoon, fill the dough cavity with the stuffing mixture and gently start rolling around the palm of your hand to close the dough and establish the kibbeh shape..
- Continue stuffing the rest of the balls in the same way until all the quantity is done.
- Finally deep fry the kibbeh dough balls until golden brown & crunchy on the outside.
- Serve Hot.
- By: Reina Abdullah.
These vegan pumpkin dumplings are a unique entree or side dish to serve on Halloween Pumpkin-filled dumplings are a fun and unique recipe to serve as a Halloween party appetizer, as a. This Pumpkin Kebbeh recipe is a take on the traditional recipe and includes a mouthwatering feta-walnut-sage stuffing. A blog about cooking and food. This vegetarian kibbeh recipe is made with pumpkin and stuffed with seasoned greens. The Best Vegetarian Stuffed Pumpkin Recipes on Yummly