Kumror Chakka Vegan pumpkin curry with black chickpeas. Kumror chakka is yet another traditional dish which is cooked almost regularly in many Bengali households. Kumror chakka is basically prepared from "Kumro" which is pumpkin, potato or alu, and black chickpeas or kala chana and tempered with panch. Today my video is all about a authentic Bengali veg recipe.
Enjoy Kumror Chokka along with Bengali Style Cholar Dal and Bengali Luchi for a weekday meal. Kumror Chakka is a traditional bengali vegetable dish made with pumpkin, potato or aloo and kala chana or black Chickpeas or kalo chola (in Bengali). Kumror Chokka is a common dish in any Bengali household. You can have Kumror Chakka Vegan pumpkin curry with black chickpeas using 14 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Kumror Chakka Vegan pumpkin curry with black chickpeas
- Prepare 500 gm of pumpkin peeled and cubed.
- It’s 2 of potatoes peeled and cubed.
- It’s 1 cup of kala chana/ whole Bengal gram.
- You need 1 teaspoon of ginger paste.
- You need 1 teaspoon of panch foron.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of red chilli powder(optional).
- You need 2 of bay leaves.
- It’s 2 of whole red chilies.
- Prepare 2 of green chilies.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of turmeric powder.
- It’s to taste of Salt.
- Prepare 2 teaspoon of sugar.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of ghee.
- You need 1 1/2 tablespoon of mustard oil/cooking oil.
But in my family, it is an absolute favourite. I grew up eating this curry made with chickpeas, potatoes, sweet pumpkins and basic spices. I'm sharing Authentic Bengali Kumror chokka or kaddu ki sabzi with chana irecipe to all of you. Please watch the video till ends.
Kumror Chakka Vegan pumpkin curry with black chickpeas instructions
- This is how you should chop the potatoes and pumpkins.
- Soak the kala chana for 4-6 hours. Pressure cook the kala chana with 1 teaspoon of salt. I prefer to not discard the water as it contains lot of iron. Now, keep the kala chana aside..
- In a kadai, add oil. Once the oil is hot temper it with panch foron, bay leaves and whole red chilies..
- Now, add the potatoes and saute them. Then add the pumpkin, turmeric powder, green chilies, red chilli powder and ginger paste and saute everything together. Add water and cook the vegetable covered..
- Add the boiled kala chana, sugar just before the veggies are completely cooked. Add ghee and mix properly and turn off the flame..
It's a Bengali style dryish curry…» Curried Butternut Squash with Brown Chickpeas These healthy vegan red curry noodle bowls are flavorful, saucy and super easy to make! Served with vegetables, crispy tofu, and gluten-free noodles too! Wash and rinse the Channas and soak them overnight There is also a similar dish called 'kombro-r- chokka' with Red pumpkin, potatoes and a. Pressure cook with salt till soft.