Healthy green pumpkin curry(hara kaddoo curry). If it's done switch off the flame and garnish it qith fresh. Pumpkin adds a touch of sweetness to this chicken green curry, the perfect thing to curl up with on a chilly afternoon! Delicious thai green curry pumpkin taste amazing with some plain white rice.
Jaipuri Aloo Pyaaz Paneer Ki Sabzi Onion Potato and Cottage Cheese Curry A simple yet satisfying plant-based, gluten-free dinner! You can have Healthy green pumpkin curry(hara kaddoo curry) using 17 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Healthy green pumpkin curry(hara kaddoo curry)
- Prepare 1 of small baby green pumpkin finely chopped.
- Prepare 1 of medium size onion.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of turmeric powder.
- It’s 2 of green chillies paste.
- You need 1/2 tbs of black kalongi.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of ginger paste.
- You need 1 teaspoon of garlic paste.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of garam masala powder.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of Jeera powder.
- Prepare Pinch of hing.
- It’s 2 of medium size tomato puree.
- It’s 4-6 of curry pata.
- Prepare 50 gms of moong dal soaked and finely paste.
- You need of Salt as per taste.
- Prepare of Water as required.
- It’s 50 gms of food cream.
- It’s As needed of Coriander leaves for garnishing.
And to keep the curry creamy and rich, I opted for light coconut milk, which complements the spicy flavors perfectly. For a healthy fat and EASY. Pumpkin curry recipe – South Indian style pumpkin kootu made with red pumpkin, lentils, coconut, spices & curry leaves. It is a low calorie veggie and is nutrient rich.
Healthy green pumpkin curry(hara kaddoo curry) step by step
- Washed and finely chopped the baby pumpkin heat 2 teaspoon of oil in a wok and fry the chopped pumpkin till it's brown.and soft.take out from the pan and keep aside.now in the same wok fry the onions, kalongi,curry pata,turmeric,hing,and saute for a while.now add the soaked and paste moong dal,and keep on stirring till soft.and half cooked.next add the tomato puree,cream and stir for a min cover the lid for 5 min and cook.then add all the masala given along with ginger,garlic,green chilli paste..
- Cook for next 5 min till it's get well mixed.add salt as per taste.and a little bit of water to make it a fine consistency of curry.then cook for next 10 to 15 min in a medium flame..
- Next add the fried pumpkin and mixed it well.cook for next 15 min covering the lid in a low flame. If it's done switch off the flame and garnish it qith fresh coriander leaves..
In Indian cuisine, pumpkin is used to make a lot of dishes like curry, halwa, paratha, pulusu, sambar and even kheer. View top rated Green pumpkin curry recipes with ratings and reviews. Our Indian-inspired pumpkin coconut curry makes a warming and healthy lunch or dinner. It's quick to make, delicious, naturally vegan and gluten-free. A good warming curry is one of my favourite things to eat in cold weather.