Healthy Lentil Fudge.
You can cook Healthy Lentil Fudge using 9 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Healthy Lentil Fudge
- It’s 1 cup of urad dal.
- It’s 1 cup of cashew powder.
- Prepare 1 cup of organic jaggery powder.
- You need 3 tbsps of water.
- You need 3 tbsp of sunflower oil (any unflavoured oil).
- You need 1 tsp of cardamon powder.
- It’s of Pumpkin seeds and slivered pistachios for garnish.
- It’s Pinch of cardamon powder for garnish.
- You need of Fresh rose petals to garnish (optional).
Healthy Lentil Fudge instructions
- Wipe urad dal with a clean wet cloth and saute in a low to medium flame till the raw smell goes away and turns little pinkish.
- Cool till warm in a bowl.
- In the meanwhile add water to jaggery and heat on a low flame to make the jaggery syrup. Switch off flame and keep aside..
- Add to a jar. Blitz 7 to 8 times till it turns into a gritty powder.
- Add this powder to a saucepan and add the oil too.
- Keep roasting on low flame for 7 to 8 minutes.
- When you see the colour change add cardamon powder and cashewnut powder. Stir well..
- Add the jaggery syrup.
- Quickly mix.
- Keep a parchment lined tray or a thali lined and greased well ready. Quickly pour this mixture on it..
- Spread with a spatula and drizzle with pumpkin seeds, slivered pistachios and cardamon powder.
- Make marks to cut evenly when warm.
- Cool and cut. Garnish with fresh rose petals. Enjoy the healthy version fudge made with lentils..