Roast squash and sage soup – vegan. Great recipe for Roast squash and sage soup – vegan. This is a mellow, warming soup. The grains make it a bit more substantial and add some texture Add the roast squash and the stock.
It's thick and velvety smooth, and with a drizzle of toasted hazelnut oil has plenty of What's your favorite fall dish? Let me know in the comments below! Rich and creamy vegan butternut squash soup. You can cook Roast squash and sage soup – vegan using 13 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Roast squash and sage soup – vegan
- It’s 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- Prepare 500 g of squash, peeled and cut into small chunks.
- You need of seasoning.
- It’s 1 of onion, peeled and chopped.
- It’s 1 stick of celery, chopped.
- Prepare 2 cloves of garlic, peeled and crushed.
- You need 1 tsp of ground ginger.
- Prepare 10-12 of sage leaves.
- Prepare 400 ml of veggie / vegan stock.
- It’s 50 g of (2 small servings) cooked grain eg giant couscous or freekeh.
- You need of To garnish:.
- Prepare of Pumpkin seeds – toasted if you like.
- You need of some grated vegan cheese or parmesan.
This vibrant and colorful soup is wonderfully easy to make and the results are sensational. We roasted the butternut with some chopped carrot in some olive oil and spices. Carrot is a great addition to a vegan butternut squash soup because it adds. This delicious roasted butternut squash soup sums up the taste of the holidays in one spoon.
Roast squash and sage soup – vegan instructions
- Preheat oven to 200C..
- In a bowl mix the squash pieces with 1 tbsp of the oil. Season. Put the squash onto a lined baking tray and roast for about 25 – 30 mins..
- Heat the rest of the oil in a pot. Add the onions and celery and sauté for about 10 mins til they soften and start to become translucent..
- Add the garlic and ginger. Cook for 2 mins..
- Chop 5 or 6 of the sage leaves and add those too..
- Add the roast squash and the stock. Season. Simmer for 5-10 mins. If you want, use a hand blender to make a smooth soup. I usually leave it with the vegetables chunky..
- Fry the remaining sage leaves in a splash of oil. Stir these through the cooked grain you’re using. Add a generous pinch of salt..
- Add the grain/ sage mix to the soup. Serve into bowls; sprinkle with the pumpkin seeds and parmesan if using and enjoy 😋.
Rosemary, sage and thyme, need I say more? Roasted Spaghetti Squash with Eggplant Puttanesca! Split the squash in half and place on a parchment-lined baking sheet and roast in the oven. In a heavy-bottom skillet saute the onions, garlic and mushrooms, then add the spaghetti squash and fresh sage and season with salt, pepper and a. I'm super excited to show you how to make my favourite Roasted Butternut Squash Soup.