Healthy Chicken Danshak.
You can cook Healthy Chicken Danshak using 15 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Healthy Chicken Danshak
- It’s 500 gm of boneless chicken pieces.
- You need 100 gm of bengal gram.
- Prepare 100 gm of split red gram/lentil.
- It’s 100 gm of green gram.
- It’s to taste of Salt.
- It’s 2 tbspn of ginger-garlic paste.
- You need 4 tbspn of dhanshak masala.
- It’s 1 of large onion chopped.
- It’s 2 of large tomatoes chopped.
- You need 2 of potatoes deskined and cubed.
- It’s 100 gm of cubed red pumpkin.
- You need 100 gm of chopped brinjal.
- Prepare 2 tbspn of dry fenugreek leaves.
- You need 4 tbspn of cooking oil.
- You need as needed of Water.
Healthy Chicken Danshak step by step
- Soak the lentils in adequate water 30 minutes to an hour prior to cooking and wash the chopped veggies.
- Heat 2 tbspn oil in a pan and add the onions.
- Add the ginger garlic paste and dhanshak masala.
- Sauté on medium heat until onions are slightly softened and brown. Take off heat.
- Now heat the remaining oil in a pressure cooker.
- Reduce heat to medium and add the chicken pieces and lentils.
- Stir for 2 minutes before adding the veggies, salt and sautéed onion.
- Add 2 cups of hot water and pressure cook until lentils are softened.
- Then after releasing the steam, open the cooker and mix the contents well.
- Take off the chicken pieces and mash the remaining contents well.
- Next add the chicken pieces and give it all a good mix for 2-3 minutes on Low heat.
- Chicken dhanshak is ready to be served.
- Transfer the curry to a serving bowl and garnish with dry fenugreek leaves.
- Enjoy with flat breads or rice.