Vickys Brown Seeded Walnut Bread, GF DF EF SF.
You can have Vickys Brown Seeded Walnut Bread, GF DF EF SF using 13 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Vickys Brown Seeded Walnut Bread, GF DF EF SF
- You need 300 grams of gluten-free brown bread flour (see my profile for my blend).
- You need 100 grams of cornstarch/cornflour.
- You need 100 grams of potato starch/arrowroot.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of caster sugar.
- You need 2 tsp of xanthan gum.
- It’s 1 1/2 tsp of salt.
- It’s 7 grams of fast acting yeast.
- Prepare 1 of eighth of a teaspoon vitamin C powder.
- Prepare 450 ml of warmed milk of choice, I use almond (body temp).
- You need 2 tbsp of olive oil plus extra for greasing.
- You need 1 tbsp of apple cider vinegar.
- You need 100 grams of mixed seeds – sunflower, pumpkin, sesame.
- You need 50 grams of chopped walnuts.
Vickys Brown Seeded Walnut Bread, GF DF EF SF instructions
- Mix together the flours, starches, sugar, xanthan gum, salt, yeast and vitamin c in a large bowl.
- Mix the milk, oil and vinegar together and add to the flour mix.
- Form a soft dough then lightly grease a piece of cling wrap and cover the bowl.
- Let rise in a warm place for an hour.
- Punch the dough back down and add 3/4 of the seeds/walnut mix. Shape into a large ball and roll in the remaining seeds/walnut to coat.
- Place the dough onto a baking tray and shape into a round. Cover with another sheet of greased cling and leave in a warm place for another hour.
- When the hour is almost up, preheat the oven to gas 7 / 220C / 425°F.
- Remove the clingfilm and bake for 15 minutes, then reduce the oven temperature to gas 5 / 190C / 375°F and bake a further 30 minutes.
- The base should sound hollow when tapped. Let cool completely on a wire rack before cutting into slices.
- Keeps for 3 days in an airtight container or wrap each slice separately and freeze.