You can have Zucchini Boats using 14 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Zucchini Boats
- It’s 1 of extra large zucchini.
- It’s 2 lb of italian sausage (hot or mild, i used one for each boat).
- Prepare 1 of red onion.
- You need 1 of bell pepper.
- Prepare 2 of eggs.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of whole wheat italian bread crumbs.
- You need 1 pinch of each of fresh thyme, basil, oregano.
- You need 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- You need 1 1/2 tbsp of worchestershire sauce.
- It’s 2 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1 of fresh ground pepper to taste.
- Prepare 1 of choice tomato sauce ( i used paul newman's garlic and italian sausage).
- You need 2 1/2 cup of grated creamy havarti cheese.
- It’s 1/2 cup of chopped green onions ( half for garnish).
Zucchini Boats instructions
- preheat oven to 375°F.
- clean zucchini, cut off ends and carefully cut in half lengthwise. scoop out seeds to about a half inch thickness throughout the boat..
- combine meat, herbs, vegetables, egg, bread crumbs, oil, and seasonings into large bowl, mix well..
- pack meat mixture into zucchini boats. cover with your choice of tomato sauce. make sure the zucchini gets covered too..
- bake at 375°F for about 45 minutes. check to make sure meat is thoroughly cooked. (about 145°F for pork).
- layer cheese ontop of boats and melt in oven. use broil if you want crisper cheese..
- garnish with green onions or fresh basil.