Zucchini boats. After working hard all our lives and raising a family, we're now enjoying a simpler life. Sausage Stuffed Zucchini Boats are perfect for summer zucchinis, stuffed with Italian chicken sausage, topped with marinara sauce and mozzarella cheese. These healthy zucchini boats from Delish.com are the best.
They're jam packed with flavor, they're perfectly filling, and have less carbs than the traditional flour or corn tortilla. Stuffed zucchini boats with the flavor of chicken parmesan. Zucchini taco boats are easy to make and are a fun way to put a healthy twist on taco night! You can cook Zucchini boats using 12 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Zucchini boats
- It’s 5 medium of zucchini.
- Prepare 1 small of diced yellow onion.
- It’s 1 small of red bell pepper, diced.
- You need 2 clove of minced garlic.
- You need 3 tbsp of italian bread crumbs.
- You need 8 tbsp of Monterrey jack cheese, shredded.
- It’s 1/4 cup of grated parmesan.
- Prepare 1 cup of crumbled cooked italian sausage.
- Prepare 1 tsp of pepper.
- It’s 1 tsp of paprika.
- You need 1 tsp of oregano.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of olive oil.
This zucchini boat recipe is low-carb, paleo, keto. Easy Stuffed Zucchini Boats are the perfect way to enjoy your fresh summer zucchini! Tender zucchini filled with a silky meat sauce, topped with cheese and baked until tender. Grilled Zucchini Boats with Quinoa, Chickpeas, Tomatoes, and Basil Vinaigrette-this gluten-free and vegetarian recipe is the perfect meal or Side dish for summer!
Zucchini boats instructions
- Preheat oven to 400°F..
- Spray glass baking dish or cooking sheet with non stick spray..
- Cut zucchinis in half down the middle and place in dish or sheet..
- Scoop out seeds and some meat, set aside..
- In a saute pan on medium heat with olive oil sauté onion, bell pepper & some of the zucchini meat till soft. Add salt, pepper, paprika and oregano, garlic and cooked sausage..
- Turn heat off and add Parmesan and bread crumbs and mix well..
- Scoop mixture into zucchini shells making sure not to overfill. Top with shredded cheese..
- Bake for about 25 minutes or until cheese is melted and filling is bubbly..
- You can use the rest of the zucchini meat in my Veggie Rice recipe..
Stuffed Zucchini Boats – Baked tender zucchini stuffed with a rich meat sauce and topped with a mound of melty cheese. Stuffed Zucchini is easy to make and this recipe is one of THE best ways to. Zucchini is sliced into boats and filled with a cheesy, savory mushroom mixture in this vegetarian recipe, good for a main course or as a side dish. Delish zucchini stuffed with your favorite ingredients and finished on the hot grill. Instead of closing them in foil I made small foil boats and cooked the zucchini with the top exposed.