Cloud eggs. Cloud eggs or eggs nests, whatever you call them they are a delightful way to prepare eggs! You basically whip up the egg whites, form cloud or nest shapes with the whipped egg whites, and plop. We love a good baked egg recipe, but clouds eggs were the internet trend that changed our breakfast routine forever.
Using an electric hand whisk, whisk on a high speed until soft peaks Outbrain UK Ltd. Recipe courtesy of Food Network Kitchen. These fun and trendy eggs are the new craze on Instagram. You can have Cloud eggs using 3 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Cloud eggs
- It’s 3 of eggs.
- It’s as needed of Fresh chives.
- Prepare to taste of Salt and pepper.
Try them for your next brunch – and you'll wow your guests. Yes, cloud eggs — a playful and fluffy sort of egg perfect for spring or summer. These eggs have the appearance of a bright sun laid over a pillowy cloud, or a yellow egg nestled in a white nest. This recipe for cloud eggs, centuries old, was developed in France, called Eggs in Snow, or Oeufs a la Neige.
Cloud eggs step by step
- Preheat oven to 200c. Meanwhile separate the whites from the yolks. With a hand mixer whip the egg whites until they are firm and create peaks.
- On a baking tray covered in grease proof paper spoon the white mixture into heaps making a dent with a spoon for the yolk to sit in bake for 4 minutes.
- Carefully place yolks into the whites and cook for a further 2 minutes. Season to taste and garnish with chopped chives.
It's a show-stopping brunch dish that is actually ridiculously easy to make. Cloud eggs are delicate and delicious, too. Cloud Egg Sandwich: Add your cloud eggs to fresh bread and throw some spinach in for a complete meal. You'll probably want your egg to be a little runny — trust us on this one. Our recipe for cloud eggs or eggs in a cloud is super simple, it's hard to mess it up.