Richard Sax's Chocolate Cloud Cake.
You can have Richard Sax's Chocolate Cloud Cake using 13 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Richard Sax's Chocolate Cloud Cake
- Prepare of Dark Chocolate Preferably Magnum, 225g + More For Garnishing.
- Prepare 110 g of Unsalted Butter Softened,.
- It’s Pinch of Sea Salt,.
- It’s 4 of Egg Yolks,.
- Prepare 2 of Eggs,.
- Prepare 100 g of Dark Muscovado Sugar,.
- Prepare of Fresh Orange Zest, 1 Orange.
- Prepare 2 TBSP of Cognac,.
- You need 4 of Egg Whites,.
- Prepare 100 g of Granulated Sugar,.
- Prepare 250 g of Heavy Whipping Cream,.
- You need 2 TBSP of Icing Sugar,.
- You need 1 TSP of Pure Vanilla Paste,.
Richard Sax's Chocolate Cloud Cake instructions
- Line cake pan with parchment paper at the bottom. *Do not use any butter to grease the pan. You can use water droplets to prevent the paper from moving.* Preheat oven to 175 degree celsius or 350 fahrenheit. Prepare a double boiler. Melt chocolate in the double boiler..
- Magnum dark chocolate contains raw cacao nibs and cocoa butter. If you can’t get your hands on Magnum, add 1 TBSP of finely chopped raw cacao nibs.*.
- Remove from heat and add in butter and salt. Stir until the butter has melted completely. In a large bowl, add in egg yolks, eggs and sugar. Using a hand or stand mixer, whisk until well combined and sugar has dissolved..
- Fold in the chocolate mixture, cognac and orange zest. Gently fold to combine well. In another large bowl, add egg whites. Using a hand or stand mixer, whisk until light and frothy..
- Add in sugar and continue whisking until glossy and soft peaks form. Gently fold the egg whites, in quarter portions, into the yolks mixture until fully incorporated. Carefully transfer into the prepared cake pan. Wack into the oven and bake for 35 to 40 mins..
- The sides should rise and crack. The center should not be wobbly. Do not bake more than 40 mins. Remove from oven and set aside to cool completely. As it cools, the center will collapse. That is a good sign..
- When ready to serve, in a large chilled bowl, add in whipping cream, sugar and vanilla. Whisk until soft peaks. Unmold the chocolate cake onto serving plate..
- Spread the whipped cream onto the cake. Grate some more dark chocolate to garnish the cake. Slice and serve immediately or chilled..
- This is the version which I had changed. I actually made this for my daughter's birthday. I personally find that the chocolate whipped cream a bit too much and it doesn't resemble the "cloud"..